Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lesson time!

I'll post a piccie later. First week has been a blast, lots of blue runs and time spend on thursday with another Andy and Chris Moore, flying about in courcheval 1650 (I did a speed test on a little automated system they have up there - averaged 49Kph! Andy the race skiing instructor hit 58, man can he paddle for scotland). He had us all over the place over there - the terrain is simply huge and you can't fault the conditions out there either.

It's generally very warm around here at the moment (flashback to 1 year ago... gulp) but a cold front is approaching and there's talk of snow tomorrow/tuesday/wednesday, although I've heard the usual exaggerations (yes! 30cm!). I hope for a reasonable dusting to give the pistes a dose of good refreshment. That said, the slopes which get the least sun out of meribel (some great blues you can schlep down with nice corners and some good undulations) felt great yesterday afternoon. I'll post a pic this evening I took sitting on one of the slopes halfway down.

My P990i takes reasonable holiday snaps at 2MP but since I upgraded the software - horrors - great browser but the camera has started to misbehave and has crashed the phone (battery off job!) twice! Grrr! luckily I'm still getting some shots. (another flashback to last year...)

We've moved into the second week chalet now, which is lovely - chalet du guide in meribel village. The little touches are here in abundance, like Tom has already laid a fire for this evening (glorious big fireplace!) - there were lion bars on the bed this morning, much appreciated! - and the chalet is a redo on what was apparently a bit of a dilapidated old barn. You can tell, the place is bang up to date on the internals, but all the beams show their age.

The hot tub (outside!!!) is out there churning warmness ready for later. So when I come off the slopes (under control, mind!) at 5pm it'll be a good soak for me and no mistake mateys!

Cheerio, A